Tue, Feb 13|
SHRM California Law HR Specialty Credential 2024
26.5 Educational PDCs
Time & Location
Feb 13, 2024, 8:00 AM PST – Feb 14, 2024, 5:00 PM PST
San Mateo, San Mateo, CA, USA
About the Event
Gain Recognition For Your California HR Expertise
CalSHRM, in partnership with SHRM, is now offering in-person, local training opportunities for California HR professionals to earn the SHRM California Law HR Specialty Credential. This credential allows you to demonstrate your California HR expertise. Don't miss this great opportunity!
Show The World Your HR Expertise With The California Law Specialty Credential
If you practice HR or conduct business in California, you need complete competence in the complex legislation that applies. One way of demonstrating your California HR expertise is by earning your SHRM California Law HR Specialty Credential.
The SHRM California Law HR Specialty Credential course allows you to experience the full scope of dynamic and unique challenges human resource professionals face on a daily basis while leading workforces in California. Throughout the seminar you will engage in frequent practical exercises and collaborative discussions that are designed to hone the competencies needed to interpret and implement human resource practices in California.
You will gain the knowledge to develop employment guidelines that satisfy the intricate California labor code, minimize potential litigation risks, and meet the strategic objectives of your organization.
The SHRM California Law HR Specialty Credential program brought to you by CalSHRM includes:
- Enrollment in California HR: Applying CA Law to Employment Practices, a two-day classroom seminar
- Four comprehensive SHRM eLearning courses
- The online California knowledge assessment, distributed by SHRM.
After passing the assessment, add your Micro-Credential to your resume, e-mail signatures and social media profiles, proving your California expertise to your employer and your network.
Why should I attend the CALSHRM Training Session?
If you practice HR or conduct business in California, you need complete competence in the complex legislation that apply. Demonstrate your ability to understand and apply your knowledge of California's complex HR requirements and practices by participating and earning your SHRM California Law HR Specialty Credential.
We understand you may have other training options to obtain your SHRM California Law HR Specialty Credential but there are several differences that set CalSHRM apart:
- CalSHRM has been licensed by SHRM to provide the California HR: Applying CA Law to Employment Practices training session as part of the Micro-credential obtainment. Unlike other trainers, we are delivering the sessions in conjunction with SHRM.
- The instructor presenting California HR: Applying CA Law to Employment Practices is a SHRM certified instructor and is one of the California HR professionals who helped develop the credential curriculum.
- The course has been revised for 2024 and includes many updates to new laws taking effect 1/1/2024.
- CalSHRM supports your local chapter by providing resources to them for each local member who takes the course.
Note: You do not have to be SHRM-certified to earn the SHRM California Law HR Specialty Credential; however, you will receive 26.5 PDCs towards your SHRM-CP or SHRM-SCP recertification upon completion of the Credential package.
Day 1: In Person, February 13th, 2024 from 8am - 5pm
Day 2: In Person, February 14th, 2024 from 8am - 5pm
Professional Development Credits
Credential Program Cost
SHRM Member: $1,755.00
Day 1San Mateo
Day 2San Mateo